For the 7th year, DOE Office of Sustainability is conducting an Energy Conservation Artwork Contest. This competition is open to all NYC DOE schools from all grade levels (K-12). Fifteen pieces of original art will be selected that best illustrate how energy can be saved through efficiency and conservation in our schools. The winners will be grouped by age level; 5 Elementary, 5 Middle School, and 5 High School*. The goal of the contest is to create a dialogue and encourage students, teachers, administrative staff, and parents to save energy through art.
A calendar will be produced using the winning pieces of artwork, which will be distributed to schools at no cost after the contest. Prizes will be awarded to all 15 winners at an award ceremony in April at the Tweed Courthouse.
The final artwork will be selected based on the design’s message, subject relevance, and artistic originality.
1. All entries should be submitted on an 8.5 x 11 standard white paper, in landscape (horizontal) format.
2. All entries must have clearly written on the back: student full name, grade, school name, teacher, and borough.
Entries with missing and/or illegible information will be disqualified.
3. No group (more than 1) work will be accepted. One student, per artwork submission.
4. All entries must be submitted with a completed and sign Release Form. Entries missing the release form will be disqualified.
5. Deadline: Received in the Office of Sustainability by Friday, March 9, 2018.
Sustainability Energy Artwork Contest
NYC Department of Education
44-36 Vernon Blvd., Room 510A
Long Island City, NY 11101
CONTEST FLYER: Contest – Flyer1