Thursday August 3rd, 9am–3pm
2 MetroTech Center (NYU MAGNET in Downtown Brooklyn) • 8th Floor • Brooklyn, NY 11201
Bring your laptop if possible • Breakfast and lunch provided
Digital and traditional games are touted as a fun way to cultivate student engagement in learning. But beyond engagement, how can we use games to support and develop students’ scientific reasoning, conceptual learning, and understanding of challenging concepts?
Join us to explore answers to this question at the 2017 Games in Education Symposium! We are offering four FREEworkshops at NYU’s state of the art MAGNET (Media Games Network) facility in Downtown Brooklyn. Presenters from EDC’s Center for Children and Technology, NYU, and Brooklyn Strategist will lead hands-on workshops on a variety of topics aimed at increasing the effectiveness of teaching with games in the classroom. These workshops can contribute to NYC DOE P-Credits.
REGISTER HERE (it’s free!): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/games-in-education-2017-nyc-registration-36160299429
FOR MORE INFO: http://gamesineducation.org/sites/nyc/
DIRECTIONS TO NYU’s MAGNET at METROTECH:
- A, C, F, R train to Jay St MetroTech
- 2, 3, 4, 5 train to Borough Hall (walk one block East to Willoughby Street and make a left onto Jay St.)
- Q, B train to Dekalb Ave. (walk two blocks North toward Manhattan Bridge and make a left onto Myrtle Avenue into MetroTech)
- Take Long Island Railroad to Pennsylvania Station, then transfer to a Brooklyn-bound A, C, 2, 3 train (see subway instructions above)
- Take Long Island Railroad to Flatbush Avenue-Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn, then transfer to a Manhattan-bound B, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, 5 train (see subway instructions above) or walk North along Flatbush Avenue about 1 mile to Myrtle Avenue and make a left into MetroTech
- Take Metro North Railroad to Grand Central Station in Manhattan, then transfer to a Brooklyn-bound 4, 5 train (see subway instructions above)
- Take New Jersey Transit to Pennsylvania Station in Manhattan, then transfer to a Brooklyn-bound A, C, 2, 3 train (see subway instructions above)