The EiE team would like to let you know about an opportunity to pilot EiE this spring!
We are currently developing resources to increase EiE’s accessibility for students who receive special education services and/or are English Learners (ELs). These resources include: visual vocabulary cards, suggested pacing guide, simplified student handouts, differentiation tips for EL students, discussion supports, and a more visual Engineering Design Process poster.
We will pilot these resources for the following units:
- An Alarming Idea: Designing Alarm Circuits
- Lighten Up: Designing Lighting Systems
- A Long Way Down: Designing Parachutes
- A Stick in the Mud: Evaluating a Landscape
- Water, Water Everywhere: Designing Water Filters
- A Slick Solution: Cleaning an Oil Spill
- To Get to the Other Side: Designing Bridges
If chosen, you will receive the materials kit, teacher guide, and resources for one of the units above at no cost. You will also receive a stipend of $350 for your feedback.
Full Link: http://info.eie.org/sp-ell-resource-pilot-application?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=40229234&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9kT8m7uhw0RSNKEoFItSgpWLbe6SX_qmrcvTeAS6lU13PqciP9gE4en9HjAlGn2AkC-S-tdY3UpwDGRecAB2ec3MNDkQ&_hsmi=40255993