On June 10th 2015, District 75 will be having its First Annual STEM Fair at the American Museum of Natural History! This event is graciously hosted by AMNH in the Davis Classrooms.
We are asking each school to present one project highlighting Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Math (STEM). This should be a long-term or an on-going project (e.g. Lego Robotics, coding, Plant Learn Grow, school gardens, maker-space projects, science investigations etc.).
- Each school will have half of a six -foot table for their presentation (3’x3’). No floor or wall space is to be used. Everything must be free standing and fit on the table.
- The steps of the project may be presented on a tri-fold board or on a charged laptop. If using a laptop, the presentation must be no longer than three minutes in length. Students are required to speak about their project whether in person or video. A sample display is attached.
- The boards must look professional; handwritten or messy boards will not be accepted. (Please consult a professional resource on how to create a successful project display board).
- Your project title, the names of participating students, and a one-paragraph description of the project are due on March 2nd 2015. Please email to Lschech@schools.nyc.gov.
- During the STEM fair, one staff member from your school must remain at the assigned table from 8:15am to 2:40pm (traveling separately to ensure projects can be viewed for the entirety of the fair).
- All projects need to be dismantled and removed by end of day, 3:30pm on the day of the fair, June 10th 2015.
- Due to the scale and number of schools, no more than 12 individuals are allowed attend the fair per school. If your school requires transportation, please reserve a bus for June 10th to go the American Museum of Natural History as soon as possible.
- To attend the STEM Fair you must make a reservation with the museum by calling 212-769-5200. Please tell the museum reservations staff you are attending the District 75 STEM Fair.
Set up (June 9th 12:00pm–3:00pm or morning of June 10th 8:00am–9:00am):
Set-up day is the day before the STEM Fair, June 9th 2015, which is a half-day for students. The space will be available for you to set up your projects. Teachers can register at the district75pd.org website (under technology) to set up from 12:00pm–3:00pm. If you are unable to attend the set up day on June 9th, you will have access to the museum at 8:00am on June 10th. (Your project must be set up no later than 9:00am on June 10).
Please bring lunches for students. You will have access to the cafeteria from 10:00am to 2:00pm. If there is time, teachers can take their students through the museum free of charge. If you are planning on seeing the museum exhibits in addition to attending the STEM fair, additional information will be sent to you at a later date regarding museum exhibits.